Hi Band Parents!
Here are a few announcements where I could really use your help and skill. If any of this sounds appealing and you would be willing to help, please let me know. Thanks!
1) I am starting a band recruiting team to reach out to students at Eriksson, Hoben, and Miller elementary schools (now feed into Discovery). This could involve communicating through different forms of media and could also possibly incorporate a visit to the schools and/or doing a musical performance or demonstration. Students and parents are needed for this vital group in continuing our legacy. Besides communication skills, we are looking to create presentations that are graphically appealing.
2) We will be having a “Discovery Band Day” at Zap Zone in Canton at some point in April. We are narrowing down a date but if any parents would help with chaperoning duties that would be wonderful! We are looking at either a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Cost for students will be about $20 if the child is interested in attending.
3) Would a parent be willing to paint one of our music stands to gold? Being serious. 🙂
4) SJ5K 2016: Please consider joining us on May 1 at PCEP to help Plymouth-Canton families with great medical needs. You WILL change someone’s life simply by just walking or running around PCEP one time on a Sunday morning (May 1). Here is a short video clip of the people who have been helped over the last five years of this incredible student-led organization.
Let’s have a great representation from the Band and Discovery MS! Again, you WILL change someone’s life of the better! I know! I have great knowledge and experience with this event and if you are interested in finding out more please contact me and also visit sj5k.org for more media and info.
5) We will need chaperones for our concert on March 23. We need your help! Five parent per grade would be ideal.
Thank you all SO MUCH for your consideration of my requests. I can’t wait to work with you all and I am so grateful of your time and talent! Please contact me if interested in any of these listed items.
Mr. Marc Whitlock
Band Director, Discovery Middle School