Friday kicked off the Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough fundraiser! This is our main fundraiser for the year and creates our budget from January-December 2017. We have done well over the past few years (avg. nearly $10,000 profit per year) and I know this year will be great as well! The students received an envelope with the brochure, letter for parents (that includes lots of info including online ordering), and the order form itself. Students brought this home on Friday. It is also attached to this email for your convenience.
Please know that fundraising is voluntary and I will never take your participation or donation for granted, and my appreciation of your support knows no bounds. For those parents that wish to donate instead of sell, I will be giving you more info soon about our Bucks for Band program and the incentives for those parents or businesses that wish to donate.
Attached is the flyer for Otis and the directions that are specific to Discovery Middle School Band. I am excited that we have way more items in the brochure this year and we can order online. LOTS more than just cookie dough. For students that participate, there are prizes available for selling 10 items, 20 items, and 25 items, including a chance to win our grand prize, a Beats Pill wireless speaker!
This fundraiser is happening now and lasts until November 14, when order forms and payment are due (one check per family, please). For those parents who volunteered to help with the cookie dough fundraiser, I ill be in contact with you as we need a few volunteers for these events and I will provide more info soon.
I know you must be wondering how our fundraising dollars are spent. Fundraising and donations go toward the following needs:
• Music literature
• Ensemble methods and materials
• Tuners and metronomes for classroom use
• Software needs/online subscriptions for students and band class
• Guest clinicians
• Purchasing rights to some music that we play for recording purposes
• Paying to have a videographer at our events
• Paying to have an audio engineer at our events
• Paying for extra accessories such as reeds, neck straps, etc
• Maintaining the band’s copier, which was purchased through this fundraiser a few years ago (repair, toner, paper, etc.)
• Entry fees to festivals
• Maintenance and repair school-owned instruments such as bass clarinets, oboes, tenor and bari saxes, french horns, euphoniums, tubas, and all percussion instruments
• Entry fees to festivals
• Purchasing band instruments
• Repairs and new purchases to avoid students sharing instruments
• Costs for local travel, transportation, etc.
• Other activities/events
Every dollar earned through fundraising goes directly back into the band program.
It is my profound hope that you will all participate and/or donate to our band program in support of our students.
Thank you VERY much for your help and please contact me with any questions.
Mr. Marc Whitlock