Fundraising and the Band
WHY DO WE DO FUNDRAISING?
Currently our band needs to operate on approximately a $10,000 per year budget. Without fundraising, we could not provide the quality services and experiencesthat our team has traditionally enjoyed, as our district budget last year was $288. We have met this goal each year because of the families’ investment in our studentsand the high achievement of our program.
Most bands now have to raise their own funds for activities and supplies that once were considered basic necessities, and parent volunteers are essential toorganizing and chaperoning these fundraising events and other school activities. Music and Band are valuable in so many ways, but we do not receive great amountsof funding to help achieve our goals.
Fundraising and donations go toward the following needs:
- Music literature
- Ensemble methods and materials
- Tuners and metronomes for classroom use
- Potential software needs
- Guest clinicians
- Purchasing rights to some music that we play for recording purposes
- Paying to have a videographer at our events
- Paying to have an audio engineer at our events
- Paying for extra accessories such as reeds, neck straps, etc.
- Maintaining the band’s copier (repair, toner, paper, etc.)
- Entry fees to festivals
- Maintaining school-owned instruments such as bass clarinets, oboes, tenor and bari saxes, french horns, euphoniums, tubas, and all percussion instruments
- Purchasing band instruments
- Repairs and new purchases to avoid students sharing instruments
- Costs for local travel, transportation, etc.
- Other activities/events
Every dollar earned through fundraising goes directly back into the band program. When band trips have been planned, we will also have some fundraisers that aregeared specifically for band students to raise money for that trip. 100% of the money raised in these dedicated fundraisers will go into student accounts. Withoutfundraising, our
trips would cost significantly more as would ALL our activities, otherwise we would not be able to do all we need to do to maintain these great quality experiencesand to build upon our tradition of musical excellence.
We also understand that many students and parents do not wish to sell anything or participate in fundraisers. Therefore we also have our “Bucks for Band”donation program.
More detailed info will follow in the near future about specific fundraisers and enclosed in this handbook is more info about the “Bucks for Band” donation program.Thank you for your consideration of our needs!
Video also attached…..